Thursday, February 3, 2011

Krista's wedding outfit


      Krista & Adam Bork got married December 18th 2010.  It was a really good wedding. 


                         I made Krista's wedding outfit, the one she wore for the ceremony



It is made from Indian silk that I got at Sarpal Cotton Plus, my favorite Indian fabric store in Vancouver, BC.  It's a special custom pencil skirt (sari silk) with a back slit and a sheer silk chiffon (sari scarf fabric) tunic top with a scarf neck that loops in the back and dangles down sort of like a train.  


This was the first time I'd worked with silk in YEARS and it was an intense process.  


At one stage, I made a sample out of some of Suzanne Tick's amazing interiors fabric.  She was kind enough to give me a bag of duplicate sample swatches to think about and this was the first use.


It was also the first time I'd made a wedding dress that was not one of my bandage dresses.  
I wanted to make something for Krista that was really her, really something she'd be comfortable in and that expressed her.  I loved this process of collaboration and thinking through someone else's style.  

No comments:

Post a Comment